Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby Eli's Room!!

In case you haven't heard, we are expecting our first baby on November 8th!  We decided to name him Elijah Glenn Parker.  Glenn is my dad's name, and because he has been such a huge influence in my life, I wanted to include that in our son's name.  We will call him Eli for short until he gets older and wants a more sophisticated name!
Well I think we are finally almost done getting the baby room ready!  I thought I'd share some of the things we did, and where we got them in case someone else was interested.  ;-)  When I found out I was pregnant, I decided for the baby room I wanted to do something different.  Surprise, surprise for those who know me! ;-) (Different should have been my middle name) Everyone nowadays does blue and brown, or pink and green.  I decided to go with cool grays and whites.  And I added the stripes to make the room feel longer since it is a bit small.  
After several renderings on photoshop (because I'm nerdy like that) I picked the design.  I call it, "Modern Forest/Owl Nursery".  Keeping with the color scheme of gray's, blues, and greens.  Yes, like I said, I am a nerd!  (I think if I had a second choice at a career, it would be interior design.)  I did a lot of research and decided to go with a vinyl wall decal because when the baby grows up, we can just peel it right off and not have to repaint!  Easy!  I searched and searched and the best most unique decals were from Janey Mac on etsy.  Check out her store, it's awesome! 
For the crib we had looked at several modern cribs online which of course ended up being almost $1,000!! Finally I found this gray one at Walmart.com of all places! It's the Modena Baby Mod collection. And the little dresser we found online at Ikea called the Aneboda series. The next thing was crib bedding....Wow!  That stuff is expensive! Plus I'm so picky I couldn't find anything that went with my design.  So I finally decided to make it myself.  A very inexpensive solution!  I've got it all done except the main crib blanket.  I found a great site where you can actually come up with your own design, and they will print it on fabric!  So I came up with an owl design matching the greens in the bumper pads and will be ordering it soon! For all you fabric lovers, the website is called Spoonflower.com.  Besides the big stuff, I found the lime green shag rug at target, and we are set!  All we need now is baby Eli! 

No comments:

Post a Comment