Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Details & Sunshine

Good morning!

Well, I don't know about you, but yesterday was a pretty dreary day.  When the sun is not out, it just makes you feel "ugh".  I saw today on the weather channel that January 25th is the most depressing day of the year!  What a coincidence cause I was feeling it!  But around 4:00 the sun started to come out and my house filled up with sunshine!  I suddenly noticed the light reflecting off of my glass tables, and vases and got inspired. 
I never know what will inspire me or when I get inspired but sometimes it just happens and I have to grab my camera and start shooting!  I thing Photogs need to take the time to just play with the light and shoot things for fun.  (not that photo sessions are not fun because they are a blast!)  But shooting objects plays up our creative side and gets us going again!  So the sunshine really reminded me why I love photography.  It lifted my mood and I hope these inspire you to pick up your camera today and have fun!
To explain some of the pictures: I have a little wire hanging in my office with clips,(to replicate the old strings that you hang photos on after you develop them in chemicals), and I have photos hanging from them that my dad took when I was little.  These are so special to me because for one, my dad took them ;-) , and also because they are photos of the beach.  We lived in Panama City when I was little while my dad was stationed at Tyndall Air Force Base.  I could walk across the street and be on the beach!  I guess that's why I love it so much.  So here is a little part of me.  Can you recognize the ones in the pictures??



 

 

 



 

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment