Thursday, January 28, 2010

Remembering the Ice Storm of 2009

Did you know that a year ago this week we had the big ice storm of 2009?  And now they are calling for another one today!  I hope everyone is prepared this time, and hopefully things go better this year.
Last year we were hit hard.  I know my parents especially because they live in an older neighborhood with huge trees everywhere.  Luckily Nathan and I live in a newer subdivision where most of the power is underground, so we were only without power for a day.  My parents were without power for almost 2 weeks!  The service line to their house got torn off by falling tree limbs so we all camped out at my house.  It was a stressful time and really disturbing site to see so much destrution.  So I thought it would be good to take a look back into last year through pictures and remember how we all came together to help out our neighbors in need.  I know there was a lot of sawing and limb clean up that went on!  So take a look and post your own comments of how you faired last year.


  Trying to get to my parents house to see the damage. . .


checking out the down service line 

electrical box disconnected from the house


poor little bird house hung on. .  

The ice from our mailbox





coffee by gas fireplace ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment