Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathan!

It seems like there are so many birthdays going around right now!  Nathan celebrated his 29th birthday yesterday!!  Wow.  We are getting old.  Almost in our dirty thirties as Nathan always says.  ;-)  But hey, mine isn't til August so I'm still young!!  ha ha  Well, we started out the week with a birthday party Monday night at Nathan's parents house to celebrate his birthday, and his brother-in-law's birthday.  Silly me. . . I forgot my camera.  Yesterday, my family wanted to do a fish fry for him so we fried up some South Arkansas catfish (thanks to my Uncle Gary for supplying it!) and had a blast! 

Mom made the best baked beans you have ever tasted.  Dad was in charge of cooking up the fish.  He has a double burner homemade fish cooker that he welded up.  Also a homemade pot and basket used to fry it.  Did I tell you that my dad comes from a family of welders?  Well he did.  And down in DeWitt where he is from, fish fry's are just what you do!  So they came up with a design for a fish cooker, and fish pots huge enough to feed large families!  If you ever need fish, just call dad.  ;-)  Thanks for cooking it dad!

I think everyone had a good time, and when we were all done, we were as full as ticks!  Not only did we finish off with birthday cake, we also finished up an ice cream cake that Nathan's sister sent home with us from Monday's party!  Two cakes!  And let me tell you. . . her ice cream cakes are amazing!!  Waaaay better than anything you can buy.  Sorry, no pictures of that because it was eaten quickly!  Hope everyone has a great day and gets out to enjoy the sunshine this afternoon!  Supposed to be a warm sunny day!

 

  
 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment