Friday, March 12, 2010

Help us find Gizzy!

Well, it's been a busy week!  I finally got my raised beds built and was very happy with the way they turned out.  Thanks to my friend Jessica who suggested I go to ReStore, I found a whole bundle of 10' long 2x6's for only $25!!  I know you should probably use cedar for something like this so it won't rot, but on a budget, this will do!  And for the cost, I can rebuild another one in a few years!  I'm all ready for a load of compost from the city, and then my strawberries and blueberries can be planted!  
So here is the bad news. . . it was such a warm day last Saturday while I was building my raised beds, I decided to let the cats out in the backyard.  It's fenced in, but in the middle of running the saw, I didn't see Gizmo jump over the fence!!  We haven't seen him since!  :-(  We finally put out a live trap with sardines in it, but still no Gizzy.  I'm starting to get worried because he is de-clawed and is an indoor cat. . If anyone has seen him around the Mt. Comfort/Crofton Manor Subdivision area please let me know!!  fotomichelle@cox.net
Here are some photos of the new beds, and some photos of Gizzy so you can identify him.  He didn't have his collar on. :-(

the lumber wasn't in perfect shape, but not bad for flower beds!

sam checking it out

Gizzy just before he jumped over the fence


No comments:

Post a Comment