Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Pictures Part 2


Well, I said I would be adding to the "Snow 2010" gallery this month, but I was hoping we would have more snow!  We decided to get out of the house this weekend and look for some places that still had some snow, but not really any luck.  We did find some frozen ponds that were beautiful and had cute little "duckies", which is what I call all ducks, geese, etc..., so I got a few shots of them.  I can't believe they just lay there on the ice and freeze!  They even swim in the water that's not frozen.  It was still soooo cold so I didn't spend much time before I got back into the car!!  
I went over to Lake Fayetteville to check it out, and sure enough it's frozen too!  I couldn't believe it.  I don't' think I've ever seen the entire lake frozen before.  Or maybe I just wasn't old enough.  The sun was just setting and everything was just splashed with that beautiful yellow light.  And when sage grass it lit up with sunlight, I just can't resist!  I think I have posted a lot of sage grass pictures on this blog, and will probably post more in the future!  It's so beautiful to me.  Gives off a calming sense, don't you think?  Here are a few of the shots I got.  They will be posted along with the others in the "Snow 2010" gallery.

Have a great day!












No comments:

Post a Comment