Friday, February 19, 2010

In further anticipation of spring. . .

Just to further enhance my longing for warmth and sunshine, I thought I would share with you a quote from one of my favorite books.  I love reading anything written by Ernest Hemmingway because of how descriptive and vivid he is with his writing style.  He writes in a way that you can really feel what he is feeling.  This is one of my favorite quotes from "A Moveable Feast" because I have often felt the same way about winter.  Hope you like it. 

"Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. This was the only true sad time in Paris because it was unnatural...Part of you died each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintry light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again...When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days, though, the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed."
Ernest Hemmingway - A Moveable Feast


No comments:

Post a Comment